CARLWhat have you learned in past year?
I learned to be respectful, responsible and be a good worker.
Do you have any advice for people?
Always listen. That sounds like it.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to work at Johnny's (a restaurant we have never even been to) and serve Indian food. (Johnny's is a burger joint.)
Really?
No, I want to make roads!
What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I'm good at running. (He wanted to say his hair color, but since Gretchen had just said hers, I refused to let him skip out on really answering the question.)
What is your favorite toy?
my fire truck
What is your favorite food?
cheeseburgers and popcorn chicken (popcorn chicken was what he had for lunch)
What is your favorite outfit?
My Angry Birds Halloween shirt. (He tried to say "this one" and point to what he is wearing now. Pants and a shirt he has never worn before. Sorry Buddy, can't say something is your favorite if you have never seen it before.)
What is your favorite movie or TV show?
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Really?
Yes, I watched it in the condo. (Oh, so it is your most recent show, not necessarily your favorite. His true fav right now is Wild Kratts on PBS.)
What is your favorite thing about school?
Playing outside. I mean learning. Learning about new stuff.
What is your favorite book?
The Berenstain Bears Blaze a Trail. (He tried to say Danny and the Dinosaur like Gretchen did. I don't think it is either one of their favorites. They were just glancing around the room.)
What is your favorite restaurant?
McDonalds. No, Fuddruckers!
Tell me 6 of your favorite toys
(this was like pulling teeth with both kids. At least with Carl, they are correct favorite toys)
cars
Legos
doll house
trains
swing set
stuffed animals
GRETCHENWhat have you learned in the past year?
What 'oviparous' means. (She needs to move on from that. That was in kindergarten.)
Tell me something else.
Be responsible.
Do you have any advice for people?
(The child who talks incessantly had nothing to say.)
What do you want to be when you grow up?
A veterinarian.
What is your favorite thing about yourself?
My brown curly hair.
What is your favorite color?
Pink.
What is your favorite toy?
Baby Simba. (stuffed animal she got on vacation last week. Most recent toy.)
What is your favorite food?
Elbow noodles. (what she had for dinner last night.)
What is your favorite outfit?
My leopard vest thingy. (finally - a real answer!)
What is your favorite TV show?
Wild Kratts.
What is your favorite part about school?
Math.
What is your favorite book?
Danny and the Dinosaur
What is your favorite restaurant?
after a long time of saying, "I don't know"... I guess Golden Corral.
Tell me your 6 favorite toys (or, just list as many of the same 6 you heard Carl tell me earlier...)
stuffed animals - Baby Simba
trampoline
Playmobile set
mini grill thing ( kind of doll house toy)
Legos
swing set
No comments:
Post a Comment