Sunday, March 16, 2014

this post brought to you by the letter C

cars.
cardinals.
computers.
cookies.



10 thousand matchbox cars still find their way into play time around here a lot.




At school, they held a fundraiser with the kids.  You could decorate a cardinal and if you brought in $1 to donate to Relay For Life, they would hang your creation in the hallway.
 Carl's is the one on top.  He painted it all by himself first.  Then he cut the yarn.  He worked the glue gun.  I placed the yarn in the hot glue for him, but he placed the pom poms in the glue by himself.  About halfway through, he declared, "Hey! This is a lot more fun than I thought it would be!"  We decided his looked like spaghetti and meatballs covered in sauce.
Gretchen's is the lower glittery bird.  Lots of glue and lots of glitter.  We still are finding red glitter everywhere.  The nest concept was all her idea as well.  She gathered twigs and I helped her bundle them together to add in the eggs she painted.  
 I was able to get a shot of the computer room at school just because.  They love their computer teacher and class.
 Ah St Patrick's Day treat!  I sent 8+ dozen in for the teacher's lounge and they were gone by lunch time!  These oatmeal roll outs are the best cookies ever!
 Even Carl "I don't like sweets and cookies" liked them!!!  Lew's coffee pot crowd got a few dozen and a couple dozen got mailed home as well.  I made 4 batches and can't wait to make more!  I try to vary my RAB (random acts of baking) that go to the teacher's lounge, but they loved these so much, I will make more for Easter.


There random March photos of the letter C.

No comments:

Post a Comment