Tuesday, April 16, 2013

drive-by "shooting"

It is azalea season and we have been burning up gas driving all over town azalea peeping.  This season makes up for the loss of autumn colors, you know.  When they get in the van after school, Carl's first question is, "Can we drive around looking at azaleas?"  Now, I am not naive - I know he asks this because he loves roads and maps and he is looking for an excuse to dictate directions to me.  I let him call out the roads and directions because he knows his way around this town better than some locals do by now.  He is so into Google Maps right now.  I have to limit his time on the computer or he would spend all day just "driving" around town.  he loves "street view" and he even found that you can enter some businesses!  We got to go inside some art buildings in a nearby town.  He is branching out somewhat - "Mom, did you know if you take the ABC bridge over the river, you are in XYZ county?"  He keeps me on my toes because he expects me to know as much as he does.  But, secretly, I don't have to pay attention now because when we go somewhere, I can just ask Carl the best way to get home.  He is my Human GPS.

Here are a few photos I took the other night just to show what it looks like all over the place right now.  Right out the car window.





1 comment:

  1. How do some people get them to bloom into perfectly round shapes??? How do you prune them before the blooms, but soon enough before that the shrub doesn't grow out??? I've seen a few of those around here that are beautiful, but I just don't understand.

    ReplyDelete