Monday, December 10, 2012

Santa visit at Daddy's work

Of course, Carl works there, too.  His wife doesn't though.  And his sons, Wilson and Nicholas work at Trader Joe's.  I can't keep track of what car his wife is driving these days.  Sorry.

Anyway, we had another awesome Christmas Party there this year.  They have tons of crafts (seriously, would love to see the glitter glue budget!) for the kids.
They have a table of baked goodies and punch.  They have an area with holiday DVDs playing and popcorn.  Carl spent most of his time sitting there.  Gretchen spent hers with glitter glue.  I wised up this year and brought a cake pan to lay everything down in. Another mom commented on how smart that was.  It only took me 5 years of this party to figure it out.


They have some people dressed in costumes roaming around having snowball fights.  They had 3 huge bags of cotton balls on the table when we arrived.  Within minutes, those were all over the place!



When you arrive, you get a number so the kids do not have to wait in line.  We were a little before 5:00, so we were number 16.  I heard one mm say they were 53 - so there were a lot of families behind us.  They called us up a couple minutes before our turn.  Lindy came to meet us, so I was able to hand him my camera for a family photo.  The company has a man taking your pictures also and then they print them right there for you to take home.  Later on, they put them onto the work's share drive so you can download the files, too.  I don't have those yet.  I will only share my pictures, but Nat got a great face shot of the kids and Santa.   Mrs Claus is always there, too.






Carl wouldn't wear his tan boat shoes because we were going to daddy's work and he had to wear his Daddy shoes.  You cannot argue fashion with this boy.



Oh, and the requests have changed/grown.  Gretchen is now asking for not only the Barbie, but also a blanket with Santa and Mrs Claus on it.  Carl didn't mention anything about a doll house.  He asked for a Santa doll.  "Mom, it's OK if I don't get it.  I'll ask again next year."  

I'll let the elves know.

No comments:

Post a Comment