Tuesday, March 31, 2009

that's MY boy!

To say that Carl loves music would be a gross understatement. Most of his favorite toys have been musical ones. Many play songs, some play note combos and they have a toy piano that he loves playing in various ways. He also loves singing, but mostly prefers to sing solos. He will yell at you if you try to join in when he isn't ready. He loves jumping on his trampoline to his favorite singers. His favorite TV shows have music in them and he has been known to cry when the characters stop singing. (Even though, on these shows, in less than 6 seconds, another song will begin.) In the nursery, they have a CD of piano Christmas music that I play for naps and bedtime. Since they were born in late November, Christmas music played right from the start of their lives. I think they find it comforting. Or maybe, I just like using them as my excuse to keep Christmas music out all year long! But, Carl requests "Music please" when we get ready to sleep. If I don't get over there fast enough to turn it on, he will begin humming the first song, The Holly & The Ivy. And, it is recognizable. He even likes playing keys on the real piano, or sitting next to me while I attempt to play him a children's song or two.


But, the reason for the post title... on March 15th, Carl came up to me and sang "Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Ti, Do". He stayed on the scale until "Ti, Do" - and then - he jumped down the octave to make them more comfortable for his voice!! I think I scared him by cheering so loudly! That's MY boy!!


photo taken 12/6/08



No comments:

Post a Comment